A private certifier can perform the following functions:
- Assess whether the proposed building work complies with acceptable health and safety standards called up by building legislation (i.e. Building Code of Australia);
- Issue approval for the building work;
- Carry out inspections to determine if the building complies with building legislation and any conditions they impose on the approval;
- Issue a final inspection certificate for the building work; and
- Take any necessary action to ensure the building work complies with the legislation.
Category: Building Certifier Information