A building certifier is not responsible for job site supervision, quality control or ensuring the builder/ contractors comply with their contract.
To make sure your structure complies with the approved building plans and appropriate building standards.
Building Certifiers can:
- Assess and approve plans for new building work or alterations/additions
- Inspect mandatory stages of building work i.e., basic house will require four inspections: Footings, Bond Beam, Frame and Final Stage.
- Issue final certificates once the building works have been completed and deemed satisfactory.
- Issue enforcement notices if required
- Provide alternitive solutions
Building certifiers inspect and approve building work to make sure it complies with the following:
Building Code of Australia | Building Act 1975 | Specific building legislation and Queensland’s building and plumbing regulations.